Friday, December 16, 2011

Dec 2012 Gmarket Haul!

The 4kg package came earlier this week.


First the cosmetics:

Dr Jart was really generous with the samples <3 I purchased 2 silver label bb creams (one for my mum, the other for my aunt).


I also decided to get a bb cream from Holika Holika to try out. From the reviews I've read, the colour of it is a tad light. I haven't opened it yet, but I hope that when I do try it, it will look okay on my skin.


I also ordered the adorable bunny gloss from Tony Moly. My friend who recently returned from her trip to Korea also bought a bunch of these. I think I'll get the other colours the next time I make an order on gmarket because they're just too adorable. I'm not one to wear make up daily (blame my general laziness and the fact that I see no point in getting all made up everyday for school) but I'm trying to start looking more presentable (my new year's resolution harhar) so this is a start! It's a nice peachy colour (pink with a tinge of orange).


Adorable much!? Here's a trick - if the item you want is out of stock (esp. if it is an accessory like below), check if the seller's other pages because they might have it there! That's what happened to me when I was trying to find the blue dotted hair band - one page had it out of stock, another didn't. Can't wait to wear these!


I also bought a diary for 2012 and a bunch of stickers from this seller: 하이델. They are simply adorable and I can't wait to use it and stick polaroid photos in it and make it all pretty and stuff >v<







A card holder + freebie. The "lipstick" is actually a pen =P


(Filled with cards!)


Some shirt cuffs my brother needed.


Now onto serious business - the clothes! I ordered a bunch of blouses (I've been a really lazy dresser lately, so I needed shirts that look nice with jeans).



I accidentally ordered the wrong blouse though... I wanted the white one, but me being a bit careless, selected the wrong colour and forgot to double check (it was prolly sold out anyway). Yes. It's an odd purple colour. Actually it doesn't look too bad in this picture, but that's because of the lighting. In real life it looks much worse and unappealing lol. Still, why would they manufacture a shirt in such a colour! No one would want to buy it imo (though I accidentally did OTL)! My mum offered to take it from my hands though, because she said it didn't look bad on her when she tried it.


These are some blouses I awkwardly modelled:


And these are the stock images of the pieces and my opinion of them:

1) This was exactly as advertised. I like the gold buttons!


2) I bought this because of the detailing at the back. This too, was exactly as advertised. The length is good as well! Because the shape of the blouse is quite flowy and baggy, it doesn't really show one's figure.


Close up of the detailing at the back:


3) Okay... This piece was wayyyyy bigger than I thought it would be. On the tiny woman that models it in the stock photo - it looked like a good size on her. But for me - who's probably shorter than her and some tubbier... Well... It's really baggy on me. It's almost unacceptably baggy. I'll try to work with it though. I think it'll look decent with skirt and stockings (contrary to the really bad outfit I wore it with above!).


4) Been searching for a striped shirt like this for ages!!! I finally found it and it was way cheap as well (around $10)!! The only thing that bugs me is the weird material. Well, it's not too weird, just different from how I imagined it to be/feel.


5) I quite like this shirt (I had expected worse, looking at the seller's ratings and user reviews/comments). I was a bit surprised though, that the colour was slightly darker and more brownish in real life compared to the slightly pink hued colour of the stock image. It's still cute nonetheless and makes me feel like a doll with the big collar XD This will be cute matched with a high waist skirt of shorts.


The following are stock images of the other blouses I ordered but did not take photos of:

6) This is my favourite blouse out of the bunch. I like the cut, it's really flattering on me. It does not make me look fat like most blouses tend to!!


Detail of the front:


7) This blouse is really BIG!! Poo... And I really wanted this style of blouse ever since I saw it styled really prettily in a J-fashion magazine. But this - it's really unflattering on me... I wish that a lot of these blouses had better cuts! They look and fit great on the models, but for some reason, when I order them, they tend to end up really big and shapeless? I'll try to make it work though.


8) Yes... This shirt... of which I mistakenly ordered the wrong colour!! Please double check when you order so you know you're really getting the right colour/style >A



Here is a list of the sellers I bought from:

Clothing:

ShesBB


Ashlynn


마크막스


나나니나



Bunny hairbands:

glam girl



It kinda sucks when you live in the southern hemisphere, where the seasons are opposite from Korea, because that means there are barely any summer clothing available on the site! I wanted to purchase some nice high waisted and paperbag style shorts, chiffon pleat maxi skirts, etc. I guess I'll wait until they start stocking clothing for the spring season.

If you'd like the links of any other items in this post, leave a comment and I'll get back to you (:

0 cookies eaten: