Tuesday, December 28, 2010

28/12/2010

It looks like I did another disappearing act! I hope everyone had a great christmas feasting with their families!

I changed the layout again because the old one was really buggy. This new layout by bituwin is classic and cute. I changed the banner though, to a design by Shinzi Katoh. I am planning to change it soon because I know I'm probably not allowed to use it due to copyright or something like that >< I find Katoh really inspirational as he draws on simple and childish themes which appeal to us because of the nostalgic feeling it creates. The characters he uses in his designs remind us of our childhood and add a cute yet sophisticated flavour to simple products used in the household. Those Japanese designers for you! They're just one of a kind!

I want to design a new banner soon, inspired by Shinzi Katoh and the theme of fairy tales, while adding a cute and classic and vintage touch to it to project the image I have in mind for my blog site.

Blog related thoughts aside, I had a mini BBQ (not really a BBQ, but a small gathering in the spirits of that) on Christmas day in the evening and then went to my relatives the next evening for a family BBQ.

The day after that I went to the boxing day sales at Parra, to which I was a little disappointed. I could not find the tunic I wanted from City Beach, but I bought a cute lace skirt instead. I might buy the shirt I want online, if I get the money. Found an amazingly adorable and vintage-esque rusted "gold" necklace with an oversized key and a pink rose. I also grabbed a wallet for my mum at Strandbags and a few other things, which I may post later if I can gather the strength to!

Today, I headed to Liverpool to grab the nail polish I wanted from Sportsgirl. The previous day, I bought the wrong nail polish at the Parra Sportsgirl, mistaking the "Jelly shade" "Bikini Babe" for the cute Lilac colour named "Lace" that I had tried on my nails. Very disappointed that Lace was not discounted to the $3.64 that I had bought the jelly/clear for, instead it was full priced at $7.95. I bought it anyway. I couldn't resist, it was an insanely cute pastel colour! I am also looking to add a mint green and a baby blue to my small, almost non existent nail polish collection.

My bro and I also put an order in for Gmarket, it's been almost a year! I bought two bags, heels, a polaroid album and pens while my brother bought two shirts. Will blog it when the package arrives.

I also ordered City of Flowers from the Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman from the book depository a week ago. Gotta love the low prices and free international shipping the site offers! I started the series in high school and I've been waiting years to read the third book! I am also hoping to get Blossoms and Shadows by Lian Hearn. I'm still waiting for it to go on sale in the book stores, and if not, I'll grab it online.

I am so broke now OTL

0 cookies eaten: