Monday, September 7, 2009

Some make up + bday present review

Submitted my major work for Art this morning~ I have that off my hands - now only three assignments and a pile of language work needs to be completed, then I'll be able to rest for a bit AND then start studying for the big exams! Oh, and will search for formal dress near the end of term~

I received Yves Saint Laurent "The Bow Collection" Duo Lip Colour Palette and Lancome Paris Juicy Wear Top Coat for my birthday from my nephew/s and step-sister. Thank you! I must thank them again for it as they had remembered my birthday (:

On a random note, I'm sure people who know me would be surprised or amused to read this blog lol...




While testing these products, I realised how ugly my lips are haha. I personally like the light pink part of the palette as it appears more sweet, innocent-like (and natural to an extent? the glittery-like sheen of it, I thought was also cute), so I may occasionally use it when I go out, just so I don't just let it sit, rust and waste the make up~ The darker pink/red doesn't suit me at all!

I also tested out one Rimmel eye shadow palette I received from a relative ages ago. I think it was 010: Lazy Days:





I think this particular palette is quite cute, so I might use it more often in the future~

I've been relying on presents and freebies hehe. I think I might get some sample sets from gmarket (been eyeing the Tony Moly ones that I saw over here <-- great blog site by the way).

Been looking at the make up tutorials by korean uljjang Pony recently. She's really pretty and really adept from the looks of it~ I've saved a bunch of her tutorials which I shall try out on day (though I'll need to buy some particular colours of eye shadow palettes in order to do some of them~). Her Delicate Caramel and Golden Rosy tutorials in particular, caught my eye

0 cookies eaten: