Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An unexpected call

AFS unexpectedly called me 10 minutes ago - I almost had a heart attack. Oh gosh. My heart is beating so fast!

They conducted, what I assumed was a phone interview for the scholarship I applied for.

From my hazy memory, it wasn't a long interview and I can only remember two questions they asked: 1) What would I do if I wanted to tell my host family something, but I couldn't because they can't speak English, and 2) Why do I want to go to Japan?

Pretty simple questions, but I was put on the spot and caught off guard. I hesitated and with silliness, forgot the first question and had to ask for them to repeat it.

I wish wish wish I had thought more about my answer before I actually said it. For the first question I chucked in something about acting out, drawing it out - but did it ever occur to me I could have said I could use a dictionary or google translator lol! And for the second question, I wish I added something about my future pursuits. Dammit. I did alright, but nto too good for the impromptu interview.

Guess I'll have to rely on my application to get me through.

Please, let it be this

Or the 4 week scholarship they offered me to apply for.

I will sit quetly, and hope that I did well enough, while my heart palpitates wildly to this unexpected phone call that would decide my fate for next year~


Okay~ Lets calm down girl! I'll be happy for any results~ Gap year or uni, I'll be satisfied with both, I guess. On a happier note, I officially have no more school assignments now (as I handed in that essay today!) yay

0 cookies eaten: