Friday, November 19, 2010

19/11/2010

And I'm on a roll! It has been what - 3 consecutive blog posts now?

My, it's a bit chilly today isn't it? And I thought we were heading into summer! Anyhow, I decided to go to the mall today because I needed to go to the store where I'm meant to work as a Xmas casual to inquire why I haven't been contacted yet. They told us at the induction that we would get a call from the respective store we'll be working at telling us about our shifts. I never got a call these past two weeks so I did what they told us to do at the induction if we didn't get called up - to go in the store and ask. They told me that they would contact me when they needed me because they didn't have the details of the xmas casuals yet. Hmm?

Well today this is what I wore today (once again a selca from my mobile phone camera, at least lighting is better here XD Sorry it's not showing it full body in front-view!):




It's the denim shirt from this post and a cute lace skirt I bought at the beginning year from 59 seconds on yesstyle.

I guess I'll do a review of these items while I'm at it! (Click the underlined text to go to the yesstyle page for the clothing piece).


The Review:

1) 59 Seconds: Lace Yoke Denim Shirt - It looks great on the model but I didn't think it would look that good in real life. I guess the main reason motivating me to buy this piece was the price tag - only $12~ (I think it was like half the original price. I love love love sales and marked down prices 8D)! When I got the package and opened it up, it smelt pretty bad (lol) but after a wash and airing it was fine.

It's exactly the same as the advertised product and fits me almost perfectly minus the fact that it's a tiny bit loose for my liking and the fact that it's also a bit longer for me than on the model because I am shorter than her (the usual height issues -sigh-). It goes best with a belt to cinch at the waist and show off the figure and it looks better when you roll up the sleeves, just as the model wears it. I could probably also use this piece as a light jacket (instead of a shirt) on top of something else. I felt the quality of the product was good for the price. An overall great piece for summer and I'm happy I bought it!

2) 59 Seconds: Lace & Tulle Elasticized Miniskirt - Got this at the beginning of the year I think, can't really remember anymore (this review is long overdue lol). I was looking for a tulle or lace skirt and I decided to get this in black (white also looks cute but I didn't get it in that colour because white clothing gets more visibly dirty quickly). Looks exactly like the advertised product. I just wish that the elastic part of the skirt was a little title because it's just a tad bit loose on me. I'm happy about the length though. It looks shorter on the model because she's fairly taller than me, but I felt the length sat right on me as it was neither too long nor too short.


Yay! I've actually kept to my word and reviewed the denim shirt! Alrighty - next I need to review the black strapless floral top and take a proper picture of me wearing the pink floral playsuit. Oh, and NTS: recharge camera battery and clean the mess that is my room (so I won't have to invade doggy's backyard :E)!

I'll be meeting my friends tomorrow for K so hopefully I get to do some shopping too - I need a new handbag and a pair of summer shoes or sandals! (And I still want my straw picnic hat!)

0 cookies eaten: