Wednesday, November 17, 2010

17/11/2010

Hurray, I've actually followed up with a blog post! I just finished my last exam today (the second half of the exam went terrible, by the way ><) - not yet celebrating but will bask in the freedom of limitless and guilt-free procrastination (well, not really procrastination now that I don't have anything that I'm obligated to do~)! So my blog title previously went along the lines of "♥ _____ in [wonder] land ? A life of [frustations] [fashion] and [fun] !" but I've decided to change it to something more appropriate, that being the current title now "Never too old for Fairy Tales". I am referring to the (often watered down or sweetened) fairy tales and myths one reads as a child. No one indeed, is ever too old for fairy tales. The original ones were more dark afterall, and appropriate for a more adult audience in my opinion. Anyway, I purchased a few items from yesstyle recently and they arrived in amazing speed! As usual, I bought discounted items, because I'm a cheapo like that D:

I bought 3 things in total, all from the Hong Kong brand "59 seconds": a 1) denim shirt, 2) black floral strapless top and 3) pink floral playsuit. (You'll be able to find the links to these items at the bottom of this post.)



Now, I really wanted to get the pink floral playsuit because when I set eyes on it, I thought it was the most adorable thing. And playsuits are popular this summer (it is indeed almost summer in Australia!), so why not? However, I was a little peeved because I saw it one night for 50% so somewhere near the $15-$16 mark, but the next day when I decided to purchase it, the discount percentage decreased and so, was listed for $25~. And on top of that, after I actually purchase it, the price of this piece decreases to around $20~ which was just the icing on the cake. Oh yesstyle, why do you torment me so!? See - I was desperate for the piece so I bought it anyway :E (Lucky I did so because the piece is now listed as sold out!)

Because I only took pictures of the floral playsuit, I'll start by reviewing that and keep the other two items for future blog posts, that way I'll have something to review heh. Excuse the bad quality images - my camera batteries died and I used my mobile. These photos really don't do it justice!

Photos:









The Review: This is a really cute piece, but I'm not sure if I can pull it off - I'll try though! The colour in the stock photo on yesstyle is really bright and vibrant, so when I opened the package and saw it, I was a little surprised by the fact that it wasn't as "vibrant" as the image suggested. But I guess its majorly because of the lighting >< I mean, it was a rainy day when I got the package!

When I tried it on, it fit just right. I was however, surprised that the shorts part of the one piece was a bit longer, going to my mid thigh. I think that is because the model is taller than I am (the website says her height is 166cm - I am only 158 cm tall!) I think I might alter this piece a bit because I think it looks better shorter XD

Overall, I think this is a solid, cute piece for summer especially since florals and jumpsuits are in! It's comfortable and the material is good for hot weather so I'll be anticipating wearing this properly! (Excuse the stockings in the photo. In reality, I wouldn't wear this with stockings, it was just that I was wearing stockings that day lol.) I'll hopefully get reviews of the other two in the coming days!

Links to items purchased:

1) http://www.yesstyle.com.au/en/59-seconds-lace-yoke-denim-shirt-blue-one-size/info.html/pid.1022755461
2) http://www.yesstyle.com.au/en/59-seconds-strapless-lace-up-floral-babydoll-top-black-one-size/info.html/pid.1022872041
3) http://www.yesstyle.com.au/en/59-seconds-ruffle-floral-playsuit-pink-one-size/info.html/pid.1022885887


Thanks for reading!

0 cookies eaten: